Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Sanna - Catching Up

So we missed a lot during those technical difficulties! I can't believe I haven't blogged since, but the show was just fine. I didn't do that much, like I said, but everything was just fine. The director did laugh about my character role in the beginning (I had to fill in for the girl who was filling in for my more demanding part). Apparently it was clear that I didn't really know what I was doing and the basket in which I was supposed to be carrying the baby and main character looked empty. But that's not really my fault...

Anyway I pretty much jumped right back in. I was in shape for the most part, like I thought, although I did notice jumping was a little difficult after 2 weeks without it.

I didn't miss out on that part the director threatened I might miss, either (it's not that great anyway, but I am cast and I appreciate that). I am doing a nice role in this year's story ballet, too, so what more can I ask for?

Next week we have another performance of the one we did all last year and the day I came back from my trip, and it even looks like I am going to do that big role again! I asked to rehearse today just in case, and the ballet mistress told me it looks much better, even though I have not really physically rehearsed - I guess the mental rehearsals are really paying off. I hope I get to perform and can really make something of it.

Also, we have one random performance of the ballet we took on tour last year, if you remember the one where I had a lot of problems with the other girl I was dancing with. I was uneasy before we knew casting, because I really hate to be taken out of a part, but I also hate working with this girl. I found out yesterday I am doing it. With her, so it will be a headache, but I suppose not doing would also be a headache, so I should at least be happy they chose me and try to take advantage of this opportunity to figure out how to make it work with this girl!

Wish me luck :)

Janie

No comments: