Friday, October 1, 2010

Dear Sanna - home, erm, second-home sweet home

Just got back and it was amazing. I saw places more beautiful than I could have ever imagined existed. I felt like I was in a fairytale - it was really magical. And the hotels were by far the nicest I've ever stayed in, each meal more extravagant than the last with unlimited wine and tours of every amazing place booked us solid for the last few weeks. So I have to say I am happy it's over and thrilled to be going back to work tomorrow, even if it will be tough performing my first day back!

Actually the amazing hotels all had gorgeous gyms, often with a view, hardwood floors, mirrors, and a barre, so I happily gave myself a barre, mini center, and rehearsals about 2/3 of the days I was gone, so I don't feel too too out of shape. We did walk a lot, too, but the amount of food was incredible. I'm not sure how much it affected me, however, because after a while I just didn't want anymore. Enough is enough! I think it will be a long time before I want to even think about food from this country again.

I also used down time traveling or insomnia to mentally rehearse, which I think has also prepared me for tomorrow. I have done this show many many times, and I am not even doing the most challenging parts tomorrow (the ballet master kindly gave me a break, understanding this will not be an easy show for me).

So I think I have prepared to the best of my ability - the only thing left to do is get a good night's rest and go for it tomorrow! Wish me luck

Janie

No comments: