Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dear Sanna - Ch ch ch ch changes!

I have to tell you that I had to listen to David Bowie when I saw your last post. I am such a dork.

I sold my car! What a relief! I won't even go into that drama...

I am also selling a few other large, unnecessary possessions, such as my bed, but I must say the hardest thing I've parted with so far was about 4 shopping bags full of clothing. I brought them to ballet, though, and the girls were thrilled beyond belief, so it was a little easier than just dumping the things at goodwill. I also saw many of my discarded pieces modeled this week, which made me feel better, since I'm sure most of that would end up sitting in my closet at my parents' house.

It's been hard to say goodbye to people and things, like realizing it was the very last time I would be driving my car, taking class at the studio, seeing my friends, but I think it hasn't really quite hit me yet.

It's funny because I think I used up all my tears when I was little. I used to be such a sap! Every year I would bawl at spring show when I thought about all my friends who were graduating and leaving me behind, but I can't cry over it anymore! I know crying won't help matters, but I feel heartless when I feel absolutely no need to cry over goodbyes. I'll miss everyone, but I'm excited for the future, so I guess it's good I'm not sad about it, but I do feel silly when the tears do finally come when I've had a stressful day and the lady at the post office won't let me mail my package (true story I'm sad to say).

Anyway 3 days left here!!! I plan on making them a good 3 days, too, despite the crappy weather ;)

Janie

No comments: