Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dear Sanna - moments of truth

Unfortunately I think the main way to be more prepared for these kinds of things is experience, perhaps together with an open mind. It's amazing how much easier it is when I just open my mind to things I know I have to do anyway. Of course sometimes it's important to stand up to things I really disagree with, but if I know I will eventually do it anyway, it's much better if I at least pretend that I want to.

That must have been so difficult and scary to first prepare a speech about something that bothers you so much, and then have to change it at the last minute. It's easier now to think about how to handle these moments, like my pre-show stress. Maybe it's a huge deal to me, but maybe to everyone else it just sounds like a normal correction or a way to make me dance my best. It's not the end of the world, and I need to realize that when I try to apply the corrections. It's not life or death, and if I just try it can only help me.

Hey I did 5 pirouettes today! More than once, too. I was just practicing in the back of a slightly boring rehearsal when a company member gave me a little correction, and there you go - 5 turns. It was so much fun and I kept doing it too. We'll see if it still works tomorrow ;)

Janie

No comments: