Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dear Sanna - July already!

Wow the time is really flying by. I was pleasantly surprised by all the work there is to be done now. I mentioned the new ballet we are working on in an earlier post. I was really excited to be doing the piece at all, and now learning the choreography I am loving it more and more! Also, we learned the demi-soloist parts as a group, which is really fun, and I was paired up with my favorite partner, who is very likely to dance the role. I don't like to get ahead of myself or expect things, but I think that means I have a possibility of doing the demi-soloist too! That thought is really exciting... but I won't let myself indulge too much in such uncertainties. Anyway it's really fun for now to rehearse, and whatever happens next year will be fine.

And we are still performing this season's pieces, as well, so really there is a lot to work on. Even so, a lot of dancers in the company go home almost every day after only half a day of work. The rest of us stay for the choreography workshop. It is really interesting, especially in the piece I am dancing, because the choreography really makes movements based on her own style. It is sometimes very difficult to imitate her way of moving, but I think it is good experience to figure out how to communicate what I am thinking and feeling and try to understand from the choreographer exactly what she wants.

Anyway it's all a lot of fun, and before I know it I'll be off on my summer travels! I am excited, but also not that eager to leave. I like where I am now! It's a really nice feeling to be equally happy at work, where I live, as on vacation and in my home town. It will be really interesting to see how things have changed and stayed the same in the states.

Janie

No comments: