Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dear Sanna - I don't want to quit!

I love this blog and I think it is more important than ever to continue blogging through this experience! I have no idea what my situation will be like while/once I move, but if I don't have consistent internet access, I will be upset way beyond this blog. The internet is my best way to keep in touch with everyone, so I will make it a priority. In other words, it will take a LOT to stop me from blogging.

Last night a few of the girls and their wonderful parents organized what I like to call a "prom without the prom" for all of us. It was so much fun to get together for one last event! After class we all dressed up and got ready at the studio and got picked up by a limo to bring us to dinner. It was lovely, but also the first time I felt a real pang of sadness about leaving. Up until this point, it was too easy to focus on the unhappy memories I will be leaving behind here, but last night I realized I am really going to miss my friends. Dancers have such a special bond, sharing the studio for so many hours every day. Even a whole day apart seems like a lot, so I will definitely miss them.

At the same time, though, each day I am getting more and more excited as I am starting to fully accept that I am really doing this! Not only am I moving half way across the world, but I am actually starting a job with a professional ballet company! It makes me almost tear up to even type that. I always feared that it would never happen for me, no matter how modest the company.

:) Janie

No comments: