Friday, May 2, 2008

Dear Sanna - life goes on

Before all this business came about with the foreign job offer, I set up an audition for a school as a sort of back-up plan. It's a prestigious school and all, but nonetheless a school and therefore a lateral move at best. I would have to pay tuition here, which I don't do now. Perhaps this would improve my resume, though, so it's hard to determine whether this would be a step down.

Anyway as much as I wanted to audition, this was also somewhat of an excuse to visit my grandparents, whom I haven't seen in a while. It was a very nice (although short) visit. They took me to the audition, and I continued my recent pattern of not being nervous at all. I actually was so relaxed, I even felt myself criticizing the class, and rolling my eyes a few times before I caught myself and remembered I was trying to impress them, not vice-versa. It seemed like a class one has to get used to, so I'm sure it is a good program. I just struggled a little, feeling like I was seeing a tv show for the first time half way through the season.

At any rate, I was accepted into the highest level, which should be expected since this is a school and I like to think I am closer to the professional level, but it is still a nice little confidence boost to get in.

Janie

No comments: