Saturday, May 17, 2008

Dear Sanna - Oops!

Ah now I remember! After my meeting, I was trying to post something, when my computer shut down on me. I usually leave a window up with the blog, as a reminder and a quick way to post my thoughts, but when I restarted I guess I just forgot and here we are a week later! Perhaps it is good though, because now I have collected my thoughts.

So my meeting went as well as I could have hoped. They offered me the position I had been hoping for all year (still unpaid of course), but really all that I could have expected. Yet I wasn't that excited about it. Don't get me wrong - of course I was pleased, and relieved, to be honest, that all my hard work had not gone unnoticed.

But as much as I am grateful to have options, it seems like a back-up plan to me now. My other offer seems so much more exciting. I think I want to take this big step, rather than spend another year here, feeling inadequate, probably dancing some decent roles, but likely to be kicked to the curb next year, or allowed to stay another year as a slave. No thank you. It would not be the worst thing in the world by any means, but I think I made up my mind that I want to travel, and get paid, and be appreciated, and dance A LOT (I'm told). Of course, I must remember that all the hairy details are really not hammered out yet, but it seems like I am leaving the country!

More later! Sorry I've been away so long. Posts will be frequent for a few weeks, until I restart my computer and forget again... but I'll try not to!

Janie

No comments: