Thursday, April 9, 2009

DanceMind: Dear Janie, There are words -

When I have to work, I have a routine. I know what to eat, how to dress, what state of mind to be when I am at my most clear and intuitive. (Keep in mind that you throw away what you learn and then apply artistically. I am assuming ballet after a certain point is the simliar.)

Everyone has a different view of how the body can move and then when it is infused with emotion and style - you have choreography. Now know it is not that simple, cut and dry, yet choreography is about the individual who is creating. ( projection, love, an expression, a vision, an emotion) You as 'a ballerina' must strive toward excellence and be flexible along the way. Because you dance the choreography of so many different 'visions.'

It is the same with food, music, therapy (had to throw that in there) and even shoes. When you dance within a company the choreography is not within your control. You just have to do it ...

Yes, Janie, you are a ballerina.

Sanna Carapellotti, MS CHT
recommended by Dance Magazine. Get Real Sleep!

No comments: