Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dear Sanna - rest is near!!

This has been a very difficult month, and this next week will definitely be the most trying, but it's fun too and I'll be sad when it's over. Not that I won't be excited to go home and see my friends and family and get my one chance to rest. I'm especially excited because my mom promised to take a day with me to get massages! It's pretty much impossible to get a massage any other time, since I never know my schedule far enough in advance to make an appointment, and even if I did, I don't think it would be a good idea to dance right after. Since I've never had a massage before, I'm not exactly sure what to ask for or expect. Some people have told me that a deep tissue massage is not such a great idea for a dancer because it might cause more harm than good, but I've also heard that dancers are so tight that a deep tissue massage is really the only way to make a difference. Any thoughts?

--Janie

No comments: