Tuesday, July 22, 2008

DanceMind: Dear Janie -- Home

This has been a good time for you - being home.  Before you launch into your new career ('paid!')
nourishing yourself with family and friends, good home cooking, lazy afternoons and new adventures is very grounding. As you ready yourself to travel to your new destination all of these events will create this wonderful foundation for your departure. Yes it will be sad. You may cry, yet are are full of love.  Spiritually fed so to speak.

Teaching adds another dimension to your practice too. I remember when I taught psych and human development classes at a college. Although I had already taken them in my undergraduate program I learned even more ... studying, speaking, answering questions, etc.  The same is true with dance.  Guiding your students teaches/reminds you too.  You get pushed to perform to a higher standard because you are being watched.

Tell me what is happening with you Janie. As the days draw near to your departure ... talk to us about what is on your mind.

Love ya, Sanna 

Sanna Carapellotti, MS CCHT


No comments: