Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dear Sanna - I need help

Okay I feel extremely shallow, but on my several attempts to pull out my deep, inner reason why I love dance, I can't really think of anything more than that it is responsible for all the aspects I like about myself. I feel like it's a great way for me to discover new things about myself, like how I can be creative and make things my own, even when they are a specific choreographed step that everyone else must do as well. I like how it motivates me to really push my limits and get things done or work hard at things that might not matter as much if I didn't have ballet. I always got straight A's in school, because I never wanted anyone to have a reason to say ballet shouldn't be a part of my life. If I didn't have that motivation, maybe I would've slacked off a little more, or who knows? Anyway, I guess my one sentence is that I love ballet because of the way it makes me feel and the things it makes me do, but that's not really a "spiritual in nature" answer, is it? Where do I go from here?

Janie

No comments: