Friday, September 28, 2007

ballet is fun!

I've noticed in class that I can relax a little more now, since I've taken the time outside of class to separate what I can control from what I cannot, and what is worth worrying about.

Sometimes I guess a need a little reminder of why I love ballet so much, but I definitely get that every week in variations class. Some ballets are just FUN. I can honestly say that a good variation puts a smile on my face and even makes me forget about my pain and exhaustion. Maybe I'll try thinking about those ballets I love so much next time I am frustrated or upset in class, because it's hard for me to imagine dancing them in a bad mood.

Might I add that watching rehearsals for the company's upcoming show also makes me absolutely giddy. I am completely in love with the choreography. Once again, it puts a smile on my face, and I could watch it over and over without ever getting sick of it. What could be better than a ballet like that?

No comments: