Friday, April 18, 2008

Dear Sanna - just when I think I've got them figured out...

So casting went up for the company performances, and second cast was not scheduled to perform at all. Blah blah blah whatever. I was a little annoyed, but it was a silly part anyway, so my cast decided to just play it cool, and relax until our school shows resume next week.

Meanwhile, I just heard back from a foreign ballet company VERY far away. I sent them a DVD, photos and my resume about a month ago, and they just told me if I am willing to move there (which I thought I implied by auditioning), then they would like to offer me a position! It's all very exciting and scary, even though I have very little information. It's kind of hard for me to believe they're offering me a job without ever having seen me dance in person...

Anyway I did a lot of research and the city seems really cool. This morning during class, I decided this is something I am very seriously considering. It seems like this might be that really special and remarkable decision in my life that will change everything. It's just a really cool opportunity to go live in a foreign country - practically a really long vacation. AND on top of that, I'll be achieving my goal of getting a job in a professional ballet company. The biggest drawback are that it is VERY far, which will make traveling expensive, and perhaps that since I have never been there, there's a chance I may not like the country or the ballet company.

As far as the new country goes, this could be a pro or a con - I'll never know until I try it.

ANYWAY, back on the ranch, today they decided to throw in my cast for rehearsal, even though casting is up for all the shows and we are not doing it. So perhaps casting will change? It sounds like we are now doing it next weekend... Go figure. So maybe they do like me here after all. Maybe they will offer me a position. But now I have options! Imagine that. I have a choice in the matter. Maybe everything happens for a reason, and they didn't immediately offer me a position here so that I would audition and get a job with this foreign company. Or maybe the fact that I was offered a position will push the director here to offer me an apprenticeship here. I don't know! I don't even know what I want right now! Maybe they still wont offer me anything here. But then again, I am still waiting on a few other places.

My life is a huge complicated mess (but a somewhat happy/exciting one!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...