Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dear Sanna - Contradictions

When something good happens, there just always has to be that one thing to balance it out, huh? I was thrilled about the parts I will be learning for the company's next show, but rehearsals this week indicate that my parts in the school performance may not be so great. It was like the teacher was giving me corrections just prove me wrong, because she definitely told us all one thing, and happened to change her mind only after I danced it that way. I am clearly not a favorite in the school. Why would it be that the teachers in the company like me but not in the school? In the past, it seems that the people favored in the school got the jobs with the company as well. It is very frustrating and confusing, but it's not the end of the world if I am not the lead in the school show, I suppose. At least I have the company roles to be happy about.

I also feel like one of my best friends is really distancing herself from me. She's the kind of person that knows what she likes and what she doesn't and won't put up with things that annoy her, but I honestly have no idea what I did wrong. Sometimes in class I feel like I have no friends, and even though we aren't really supposed to talk in class anyway, I notice when that friendly face is gone and it makes me unhappy, which affects my dancing.

Don't get me wrong - my life isn't THAT terrible. I'm just whining. But I'm very excited for Halloween :) and to start company rehearsals!

--Janie, real ballet dancer with an anonymous name

No comments: