Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dear Sanna - Unexpected resolution

So the tension between that friend and I seems to have diminished a lot. I still can't help noticing she seems closer with others than before, but I'm thinking it might also have to do with a strengthening of the other friendships, and not only that she cares less about me. And besides that, another friend came to me recently saying the EXACT same thing, not necessarily to me, but she felt that everyone was distant, and her problems seemed much worse than mine. Comforting her and talking things out with her helped me realize that neither of us had it as bad as we thought, and we all go through similar things. Some of it is real, but we create a lot of our own anxiety. Teaching really is a great way to learn. Talking with this friend made me feel much better.

--Janie, real ballet dancer with an anonymous name

No comments: