Tuesday, January 22, 2008

DanceMind:Dear Janie, QUESTIONS 4 Evaluation

Preparing for an evaluation begins with you, of course!

As I asked in an earlier post - What do you want? How do you want it? How iwll you know when you got it?

Goal setting is so underutilized and so powerful. They direct your attention towards what is important and away from what is not. Have you ever jumped out of bed so excited because you were headed somewhere or doing something? Your goals need to lift you out of bed. They keep your sights clear and effort strong.

After considering those beginning questions - You can list 3 - 5 questions that are clear, and helpful to you to see if the company is the right place for you now or in the future.

Let's shape these 3 - 5 questions. You have just as much right to ASK questions and get feedback. IT IS YOUR EVALUATION. How will you get the answers to your questions?
Of course you are polite and professional, yet you have a voice. This is an important time for you, Janie.

Keep in mind - Evaluations are about FEEDBACK, ie, your performance ability, your technical skills, your work ethic, etc.

Without me rambling, let's get clear.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sanna Carapellotti, MS CCHT
mentalperformances.com

PS -- The Audition CD is a good way to get your mind prepared for evaluations & auditioning. Miriam, from Texas, says, "I use it all the time. It helps me to keep my focus and know how to totally prepare myself for class and audition. I love the images - and I am not worried anymore!"

Mental training for dancers is a master class for your mind.
Visit http://www.mentalperformances.com/?section=54 ... to get your program!

No comments: