Monday, January 28, 2008

Dear Sanna - good point

Hmmm yeah I suppose this really isn't about how to get me a job. The apprentices said that they told them how they were doing, whether they thought they were ready for a job, and that they had no jobs. I believe they asked them all to stay another year. They also told some people what they need to work on.

It seems natural that they would explain themselves and give reasons for their thoughts, so hopefully I won't have that many questions, after all. When I think about the actual conference, I think they will either tell me I am getting an apprenticeship, after which I can respond

"It is my dream to eventually dance with your company. Do you have plans to expand within the next few years, and could you see me in your company?"

If I am not getting an apprenticeship (or maybe even if I am) I could say:

"I am willing to continue training, if you feel I am not ready for a company, as long as I am doing what I need to do in order to reach my highest potential and get a job within the next few years. If you do not see me ever dancing in your company, do you agree that it would be best to audition elsewhere?"

Hopefully they will tell me what I need to work on, and, depending on how the meeting goes, I could end by asking

"I really value your opinions and I would love it if you would take a look at my resume and photos. Also, if you have any suggestions or connections for getting me auditions, I would very much appreciate it."



By the way, remember how I told you we were doing my favorite ballet for the school show? Well I am learning one of the leads! I was shocked, because I was cast as corps in the ballet we had originally planned to do, so I am very excited to even be second cast. AND I was called to rehearse the other ballet we are doing for school show, too. Not the lead, but it's a small corps and I'm very happy with my parts now :) Good night!

Janie

No comments: