Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dear Sanna - evaluation

I feel like I have told a million people this, so I apologize if I sound bland, but here's how my evaluation went:

It was definitely not groundbreaking. They were extremely nice about asking me to "tone up" (lose weight). I know this. I am overweight for a dancer. It's okay - I can lose the weight. I WILL. Then they told me what to work on, and the director told me he was definitely considering me for an apprenticeship for next year (a definite maybe, not a definite yes). However, they said auditioning might be a good experience, if they are easy to get to or one of my top choices, but they don't think I need to spend the money, time, and effort to do a million, most likely fruitless cattle calls. I really do think they intend on giving me an apprenticeship, as long as my weight is under control. Of course, this isn't good enough for my parents, but I guess I am happy. They did ask me if I had any questions, so I said, "I am willing to train as long as it takes to be the best dancer I can be, but I don't want to waste time. Do you ever see me dancing in this company?" The director replied that he "did not not see me dancing in this company." He said it's really hard to predict the future, but if he didn't ever want me in his company, he would tell me to look for a job, or consider college, or whatever. So far I have heard of one other girl in my level who was offered an apprenticeship (a definite yes), but not everyone has had their meetings yet. That's all I know! I guess I am kind of indifferent - neither excited nor very discouraged.

Janie

No comments: