Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Dear Sanna - my goals

As I thought about my list, I was having a little deja vu, so I looked back through some old posts, and sure enough I already made a list of goals in November! I thought it would be interesting to see how they have changed (or not) so here they are:

a) Musts:
1) Dance for a professional ballet company
2) Make enough money to live
3) Be healthy/happy
b) Hopefully I will also:
1) Have the opportunity to dance both classical and balanchine ballets
2) Eventually work my way above the corps (soloist or maybe even principle depending on the company)
3) Live in a nice city
4) Achieve all this within the next 3 years
5) Be well-liked by my artistic director and vice-versa


It seems like my goals really haven't changed much. I just want to eventually have a solid job with professional ballet company and be able to financially support myself. Unfortunately, the more time that passes before I reach these goals (especially the musts), the more unlikely they become. For example, the older I get, the harder it will be to impress an artistic director enough to hire me, so I really need to work hard now. I suppose sharing these goals with my teachers might be a good idea at my evaluation?

Janie

No comments: