Monday, January 28, 2008

Dear Sanna - okay

I was talking about my online college classes. I have tests I have to complete each week by a certain time, and last week I didn't realize they were due on a thursday at 1:00, so at 12:40 when I realized, I had to rush through both tests. I got an 80% on the first, and then I only managed to finish 10 of the 15 questions before I submitted the second, but for some reason none of the answers showed up and I got a 0. Then when I explained this to the teacher in an email, she responded as if she didn't believe me, ignoring my explanation and telling me that I began the test 10 minutes before the due date and submitted it blank and that I should complete tests as soon as they are available. So I think I just need to let it go or I will make it worse, because this woman clearly cannot negotiate.

Okay specific goals:

Ideally...

I want to be at least a soloist in a professional ballet company with a rep including Balanchine, classical, and contemporary ballets.

I want to make enough money to live, and have enough time to enjoy my life and have a family, if that's what I want at the time.

I want to live in a big, nice city where I might want to live, regardless of the fact that I was offered a job there.







Top 3 questions for my evaluation (and the follow-up questions that go along with them):

1) Do you plan on expanding the company within the next 1-2 years and will you consider me for a spot in the company when it becomes available?

2) How can you help me seek a job elsewhere?
Do you have connections with the people who can get me company class auditions?
Which companies do you think would be a good fit for me?
Can you give me feedback on my resume and audition photos?
Should I make a video and how can I seek help with it?

3) What do I need to do in order to get a job?
Lose weight?
Work out?
Take more classes?
Fix a certain aspect of my dancing?


Just found out evaluations are THURSDAY finally!

No comments: