Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dear Sanna - no time for thinking!

I feel like I haven't stopped moving since my last post almost a week ago! It really is a good exhaustion, though. I am thrilled for the opportunities I am having, which account for the hours and hours of rehearsal. Today I got to go in during a rehearsal for my best part, one that I am hoping, but definitely not sure I will get to perform. It was so much fun! I feel good about working hard when it's something I love. I also had company members teaching both of my classes today, and I always love the kind of corrections and attention they give me.

But regardless of whether or not it is a good exhaustion, I am so tired and busy that I haven't even had time to think about this evaluation anymore or my future really. I totally agree that I need to lay out my goals, though. Honestly I am not all that picky or specific at the moment, but maybe I can slowly put together a list of musts and maybe a list of hopefuls...

Janie's Goals:
a) Musts:
1) Dance for a professional ballet company
2) Make enough money to live
3) Be healthy/happy
b) Hopefully I will also:
1) Have the opportunity to dance both classical and balanchine ballets
2) Eventually work my way above the corps (soloist or maybe even principle depending on the company)
3) Live in a nice city
4) Achieve all this within the next 3 years
5) Be well-liked by my artistic director and vice-versa

I think my goals seem reasonable - at least a good start. Well, bed time for Janie!

--Janie, real ballet dancer with an anonymous name

No comments: