Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dear Sanna - performing :)

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post! I was out of town and extremely busy. I must say, though, it was a very nice break from my normal schedule, even if it was still demanding. It's nice to switch things up a little, and I love performing! It's funny because my nerves are so random! Sometimes I get really worked up over a run through in the studios, while other times I am completely relaxed and confident when I run out on stage. I love it when people tell me "have fun!" instead of "good luck" or something before I go on, because having fun really is the best way to do well and enjoy myself. I've found the more I do corps dances, the more relaxed I feel since the steps are in my body and the more fun I have. I finally love waltz of the flowers! Another favorite ritual I have is a funny warm up dance my friends and I do in the wings to the music before we go on.

I think my comfort food is chocolate in general. I love having a kiss or something little and sweet for a little burst of energy before a show. I have noticed that I really don't perform as well if I eat restaurant food immediately before a show.

--Janie, real ballet dancer with an anonymous name

No comments: